Sell products and services of Sage Pump Services; maintain existing clients, and develop and sell to new clients; meet quarterly sales quotas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other Sources.
- Travel throughout assigned territory and call on existing and prospective clients to solicit business.
- Strategize and utilize the phone, mailings and other resources to canvas and attract new business.
- Represent compant at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Schedule clients introductions, on-site tours, and meetings; prepare presentations, proposals, and bid specifications to strategically win new business.
- Prepare reports of business transactions annd keep expense accounts; enter new client data and other sales data for current clients into computer database.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with client contacts.
- Investigate and resolve client complaints and problems.
To perform the job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Analytical – Collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data
- Client Service – Respond promptly to client needs; Solicit client feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Interpersonal – Maintain confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting.
- Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions;group presentation skills; Participate in meetings. Write clearly and informatively; Vary writing style to meet needs; read and interpret written information
- Business Acumen – Display orientation to profitability; Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition; Align worl with strategic goals.
- Diversity – Show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ehically; Uphold organizational values Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support the organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation; deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Motivation – Set and achieve challenging goals; Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measure self against standard of excellence; Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism – Approach others in a tactful manner; React well under pressure; Treat others with Respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accept responsibility for own actions; Follow through on commitments
- Safety and Security – Observe a safety and security Procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report Potentially unsafe conditionsl Use equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfuly, an individual must be able to perform each essetial duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelors Degree in business or marketing or industry-specific experience.
Language – Demonstrated ability to:
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
Math – Demonstated ability to:
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Reasoning – Demonstrated abilty to:
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writted, oral, or diagram form,
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Internet software; order processing system (Quick Books), Contact Management systems, and email.
This job has no supervisory resposibilities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodationss may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Required travel will result in the employee spending a substantial amount of time in a motor vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of thos that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with diabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and sit; the employee must occasionnaly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.